Beef with Cashew Nuts | Morsels of Life

Beef with Cashew Nuts

Morsels of Life - Beef with Cashew Nuts - Beef, stir-fried with carrots, celery, and onions, then topped with crunchy cashews.

I’m not sure how this stir fry combo got started, but I think it was a combination of what happened to be in the refrigerator at the time, Chinese restaurant food, and mirepoix. I think the first time I made it, I had to use up some celery and didn’t have much other than carrots in the refrigerator. Onions and some sort of nut, I usually keep as pantry staples. Either way, it’s a colorful, tasty, and aromatic combination of celery, carrots, and onions, topped with cashews.

What's your favorite stir fry combo?


by
Beef, stir-fried with carrots, celery, and onions, then topped with crunchy cashews.

Materials:

Mass Weight Volume Number Material Notes
1 pound beef, stir fry strips
celery, sliced
onion, sliced
carrots, chopped
soy sauce
ginger, grated
garlic, minced
cashews, roasted


Methods:

  1. Cook the garlic and ginger in oil until fragrant.
  2. Add onions and cook until semi-translucent.
  3. Add soy sauce.
  4. Add beef, and cook that until it’s mostly done.
  5. Add carrots and celery and cook until finished, but still a bit crispy.
  6. Top with cashews when ready to serve. If you put the cashews on too early, they tend to get soggy and lose their crunchiness. I used whole cashews in the picture, but I usually prefer to chop the cashews into 2-3 pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment