Hot Pepper Oil | Morsels of Life

Hot Pepper Oil

Morsels of Life - Hot Pepper Oil - Hot pepper oil - similar to the kind found in Asian restaurants.

I have seen this hot oil at a lot of Chinese restaurants, and I found a bag of chili pepper flakes recently, so I thought I would give it a try. At first, I just mixed the oil and pepper flakes, and that did result in hot oil, but it didn't have the same taste or smell as what I was trying for, so I thought about the roasted garlic oil, and I wondered if the results would be better if I roasted the oil. I did that, but the taste and smell were still slightly different from the hot oil I had seen in Chinese restaurants. I'm guessing that the real reason is because I used Korean chili pepper flakes. Even though the smell is a bit different, you can still use the oil in the same way. A little bit goes a long way!

What are some of your favorite ways to add some heat?


by


Materials:

Mass Weight Volume Number Material Notes
chili pepper flakes
oil


Methods:

  1. Mix the chili pepper flakes with oil.
  2. Roast the chili pepper flakes in oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment