Maple Acorn Squash | Morsels of Life

Maple Acorn Squash

Morsels of Life - Maple Acorn Squash - A super easy way to prepare acorn squash using only 2 ingredients! Goes well with maple salmon.

I had half an acorn squash left over from making apple chutney acorn squash, and I thought maple syrup would go well with it. The idea came from combining the apple chutney acorn squash and maple salmon. Since I had never made acorn squash before making apple chutney acorn squash, I think I somewhat expected something more like butternut squash, just more round. Once I opened up the squash, I was surprised at how stringy it was inside. Did I get a weird one or is that how they normally are? Either way, maple acorn squash is easy to make, and it only uses two ingredients!

What's your favorite winter squash?


by
A super easy way to prepare acorn squash using only 2 ingredients! Goes well with maple salmon.


Materials:

Mass Weight Volume Number Material Notes
1 acorn squash, halved and cleaned
maple syrup


Methods:

  1. Put maple syrup in each acorn squash half.
  2. Cut or use a fork to poke/cut some slits into the flesh (not through the skin).
  3. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at about 375F until mostly cooked, approximately 45 minutes.
  4. Remove foil and continue to bake until completely cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment