Pond Scum Soup, Version 3.0 | Morsels of Life

Pond Scum Soup, Version 3.0

Morsels of Life - Pond Scum Soup v3.0

I'd previously made pond scum soup and pond scum soup v2.0, but I thought I'd make some updates and create pond scum soup v3.0. I wanted to add a bit more flavor this time, so I added some of the small dried anchovies I had. The anchovies I used were the small (about 1 inch long) kind that are pretty common in Asian grocery stores, not the larger ones packed into a can. Although, as flexible as pond scum soup is, you could probably use those as well!

What's your favorite kind of soup?


by

Materials:

Mass Weight Volume Number Material Notes
seaweed I used kim.
green onions
sesame seeds, toasted
anchovies optional
water or stock
ginger, grated
miso


Methods:

  1. Bring seaweed, anchovies, ginger, and water or stock to a boil.
  2. Turn off heat, and stir in miso. You don't want to add the miso when the soup is too hot because it will kill off the healthy bacteria in the miso. (It's the same bacteria that's in yogurt.)
  3. Sprinkle green onions and sesame seeds on top as a garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment