Garlic Dip | Morsels of Life

Garlic Dip

Morsels of Life - Garlic Dip - A quick and easy dip that will brighten the flavor of your aranitas, or plantain fritters.

While doing a little more research on arañitas, or plantain fritters, I found that it was often served with a garlicky dip. I figured I would give it a try since it didn't seem like it'd take long, and I could just throw everything into the food processor. Although the aranitas were perfectly tasty and delicious without the dip, this garlic dip really contrasted the arañitas' flavors. While the arañitas were warm and sweet, the dip had a tangy, garlicky flavor. Although I preferred the aranitas without the dip, James thought the dip significantly improved the overall flavor. My main issue with the dip was the strong flavor - it wasn't bad, just not quite what I was expecting, although with the ingredients, maybe I should have expected it to taste the way it did. Next time, I think I would use roasted garlic and maybe even caramelized or cooked onions for a sweeter and more mellow taste. However, we both liked the contrast and brightening the lemon/lime and cilantro provided. Give it a try and see what you think!


by
A quick and easy dip that will brighten the flavor of your aranitas, or plantain fritters.


Materials:

Mass Weight Volume Number Material Notes
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1/2 onion, roughly chopped
3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
2 tablespoons lemon/lime juice
salt
pepper
olive oil


Methods:

  1. Combine all materials in food processor and pulse until desired texture achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment