This site has moved to http://morselsoflife.com - come visit me there!

29 March 2011

Garlic Herb Pizza Crust


I found this recipe, and I thought I would give it a try, especially since I like easy recipes. :) Although most pizza crust recipes are not too difficult, I chose the garlic herb pizza crust since I had been thinking about the garlicky pizza bianca I had way back in undergrad. It's funny how sometimes you'll eat a food and never think about it for years, and then suddenly, it pops back into mind. Anyhow, I thought this crust would go really well with the white garlic sauce pizza since it has some garlic flavor as well, and I usually like to add some herbs when making a pizza crust. I have to say, this dough started smelling good before it even hit the oven! The slight garlic scent and Italian herbs combined to create a delicious fragrance, and it only improved after baking! I couldn't resist eating a bit of the crust by itself before adding the pizza toppings. Give it a try and let me know what you think!


Garlic Herb Pizza Crust (printable version)
A tasty pizza crust that combines savory herbs and garlic in a simple, yet flavorful crust.

Materials:
  • 3 cups flour (I used half wheat and half white.)
  • 2 teaspoons yeast (You could substitute 1 packet yeast.)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 8 ounces warm milk
  • 4 ounces warm water

Methods:
  1. Combine flour, yeast, salt, sugar, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
  2. Add water and milk, then mix well.
  3. Cover bowl with a moist towel and set aside in a warm area until dough doubles in size.
  4. Roll dough into desired shape/size/thickness.
  5. Bake at 400F until surface done (optional. I like to pre-bake my pizza crusts since it results in a more crisp crust.)
This post is part of Tasty Tuesday and Tuesdays at the Table.