Baked Scallops | Morsels of Life

Baked Scallops

Morsels of Life - Baked Scallops - Sweet bay scallops, baked in butter with a seasoned bread crumb topping.

It was around dinner time, and I had not even started making anything, but I knew I had some scallops that I wanted to use. Since we're trying to incorporate more seafood into our diet and I had some scallops around, I thought I could go for some baked scallops. These scallops were quite easy to make, and this recipe allowed the scallops to really shine through. I also wanted to use up the remaining bread crumbs from the zucchini fries, so I thought I could make a "crust," or topping, with those bread crumbs, but I also wanted to add a few more flavors to the bread crumbs to help bring out the flavor of the scallops. The garlic and onion really added to the flavor of this dish, and the cheese topped it off. Give this quick and easy scallop dish a try and see what you think!


by
Sweet bay scallops, baked in butter with a seasoned bread crumb topping.


Materials:

Mass Weight Volume Number Material Notes
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1/2 pound scallops
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
bread, crumbs I used the bread crumbs leftover from the zucchini fries, but I'd estimate around a half slice or so.
cheese I used Romano, but Parmesan is another good option.


Methods:

  1. Distribute butter and scallops evenly inside an oven safe dish, making sure that the scallops are well coated.
  2. Mix all remaining materials together and sprinkle over scallops.
  3. Bake until scallops are firm and opaque.

No comments:

Post a Comment